How to apply for a visa
The applicant must come in person to the French embassy in order to apply for a visa.
Opening hours :
Monday to Friday from 9am to 12 noon
Friday only for withdrawal of passports
We recommand to apply 2 weeks before departure for a short-term visa and 1 month before departure for a long-term visa.
If you are only transiting through France, we recommand you get a visa for the country of your final destination.
Please find below the different application forms you need to fill out before coming to the embassy.
NB : Visa applicants are asked to call the consulate before coming to the embassy. This will help our services receiving them under the best conditions.
Documents you need to apply
Application form for short term Schengen visa
long-stay visa application form
- Visa application form (you can print out this document and fill it out before coming to the consulate)
- Medical insurance and repatriation to Tanzania, should be valid for all Schengen States and the complete duration of the intended stay and it should be covering the traveller for a minimum of 30.000 euros.
- Passport : must be valid at least 3 months after expiration of your schengen visa.
- Application form - to be fully filled in on both sides, and signed.
- background Photograph - 2 per person (SIZE 3,5x4,5 cm), face on a plain light.
- Covering letter from your employer with registration documents of the company.
- Last 3 salaries slip and original contract of employment.
- Invitation letter with full details - if you are going to attend a seminar, training course, etc....
- Attestation d’Accueil - (Proof of Accomodation) if you are going tovisit friends, family, etc... This official document is delivered by a town hall in France to the person who is inviting you.
- Hotel reservation confirmed.
- Flight booking.
- Financial means : Personal bank statement (for the last two months).
- More information and proof or documents could be required.
You have to come PERSONALLY to apply.
In case of transit, you must obtain before the appropriate visa for your final destination.
Since the 1st of January 2003, you are requested to pay costs of file. This payment does not garantee automatic issuance of the visa.
Any false declaration or document will be a visa refusal.
Any change of « route » without prior notice will cancel the visa delivered.
Payment must be made in Tanzanian Shillings only.