How to apply for a visa
You must schedule an appointment at least one week before the interview appointment date, only through the dedicated phone number.
- Monday and Wednesday : 02:30 pm - 03:30 pm
Phone number for visa appointment only : +255 758 509 324
If you would like to cancel your appointment, please call us back : +255 758 509 324
- Monday and Wednesday : 02:30 pm - 03:30 pm.
As slots are limited, it is strongly recommended to book as early as possible - keeping in mind that you cannot apply more than three months prior to your departure date.
For any other inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure to be on time at the Embassy otherwise your appointment will be automatically cancelled.
Visa applicants service hours at the Embassy of France :
- Monday and Wednesday : 09:00 am - 12:00 am
- Friday : 09:00 am - 12:00 am – only passports collection.
All applicants are therefore asked to submit applications in person.
Make sure you bring all the required documents and the required copies when coming to the Embassy. Applications without all required documents will be rejected.
Handling time for visa application is 14 calendar days.
If you are only transiting through France, we recommend you get a visa for the country of your final destination.
Please find below the different application forms you need to fill out before coming to the embassy.
- Visa application form (you can print out this document and fill it out before coming to the consulate)
- Medical insurance and repatriation to Tanzania, should be valid for all Schengen States and the complete duration of the intended stay and it should be covering the traveller for a minimum of 30.000 euros.
- Passport : must be valid at least 3 months after expiration of your schengen visa.
- Application form - to be fully filled in on both sides, and signed.
- background Photograph - 2 per person (SIZE 3,5x4,5 cm), face on a plain light.
- Covering letter from your employer with registration documents of the company.
- Last 3 salaries slip and original contract of employment.
- Invitation letter with full details - if you are going to attend a seminar, training course, etc....
- Attestation d’Accueil - (Proof of Accomodation) if you are going tovisit friends, family, etc... This official document is delivered by a town hall in France to the person who is inviting you.
- Flight booking.
- Financial means : Personal bank statement (for the last three months) with the cover letter form your bank.
- More information and proof or documents could be required.
Since the 1st of January 2003, you are requested to pay costs of file. This payment does not guarantee automatic issuance of the visa.
Any false declaration or document will be a visa refusal.
Any change of « route » without prior notice will cancel the visa delivered.
Payment must be made in Tanzanian Shillings only.